to the online home of The Lilith Institute,
a center for learning which seeks to transmit many types of knowledge -- oral, written, iconographic, spiritual, emotional, and embodied. In schools or online, in private homes or community centers, we work to connect women with each other and to themselves.
The Lilith Institute has just joined The Lev Learning Network, and will be offering Women’s Sacred Texts starting August 24. See Our News & Events Page For Details!
On sale @ lulu.com or Amazon:
Among the Institute's goals:
- continue planting seeds for spiritual change, social action and greater cross-cultural understanding;
- critically examine existing patterns of thought, behavior and language through new lenses, acting as a catalyst for personal and cultural transformation;
- facilitate an ongoing exchange of ideas across diverse spiritual traditions; and
- encourage women to recognize their potential to be change agents in their own lives, and so in their communities and the world.
In Spring 1999, I founded Voice of the Spirit, a women's spirituality conceptual framework within which circles of women came together to examine and re-vision ancient sacred texts and contemporary issues, as we explored spiritual practices and practical solutions relevant to our daily lives. This work continues through Mishkan Shekhinah, a mobile sanctuary, and in a variety of settings.
Mojuba, respect and deep gratitude to Rita Kolb Grenn and all my ancestors for insisting that I keep following my intuition. Modupe/Todah/many thanks go to my spiritual teachers, especially: Yeye Aworo Fajembola Fatunmise, Ohen Imene Nosokpikan and Iya Isefalona Oshogbo, who taught me to hear the ancestors--and to pay attention; and Rabbi Nadya Gross and Rabbi Shefa Gold, who connect me to my roots and my future. Many thanks also to my elders, especially my godmother Milli Sabath and dear friend Kaye Schuman, z"l, both of blessed memory, for their sage advice and unwavering support.
• Lectures and classes on human rights issues including violence against women, children and men; women-centered subjects including ancient and contemporary women's rituals, feminist thealogy/theology and the Ancient Near Eastern goddess; and identifying and correcting power imbalances in personal and professional relationships
• Creation of rites of passage and lifecycle rituals
• Consultation on altar building and creating a spiritual practice